Re: [platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

Veronika Irvine <Veronika_Irvine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are trying to create an ActiveX control therefore you should use
OleControlSite. OleClientSite is only for OLE Documents - an ActiveX
control supports different COM interfaces than an Ole Document..

See:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT/ActiveX%20Support%20in%20SWT.html

"Devon Berry"
07/22/2004 01:19 PM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

Hello,

I tried asking this question on the mailing list, but due to its
complexity,
I think this may be the best place to find an answer...

I have an open source Office OLE Document container ActiveX control I
downloaded from Microsoft's website:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311765

I register the control with regsvr32 and it runs nicely under IE and VB.
However, when I try to instantiate the control under SWT using its program

ID, "DSOFramer.FramerControl", the constructor throws an exception: Failed

to create Ole Client. result = -2147467262 (No Such Interface Supported).
Stepping through the debugger, I see its the COM.OleCreate native call
that
is failing, returning this result.

As a side note, I have not built and installed the type library (tlb) for
this control, as I do not have a Visual C++ install handy. The ocx is
serving as its own type libarary, according to OleViewer.

I tried downloading the SWT source code to look through the native code,
but
I really am not a COM expert, and on top of that I am crippled without
VC++
. Any ideas?

Devon