Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT without X-Term

No and I don't think there is any plans to make this work. SWT runs on top
of Motif and GTK, they both require a X-server.

Ashish Agarwal <ashish_agarwal02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
08/04/2004 11:39 PM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT without X-Term

Thanks Silenio,

I meant it to be X-Server. So does Eclipse or IBM have a solution to
this (Except for the nbvf solution)?

Regards,
Ashish

On 04-Aug-04, at 10:49 PM, Silenio Quarti wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean by no X-Term. If you mean that there isn't
> X-server
> running, the answer is no.
>
> Silenio
>

> Ashish Agarwal <ashish_agarwal02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 08/04/2004 09:21 AM
> Please respond to
> platform-swt-dev

> platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> [platform-swt-dev] SWT without X-Term
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Can I use SWT to create images on a unix server with no X-Term (or
>> native library for graphics)? I am not able to use standard AWT here.
>> The code fails, as it is not able to find the X-Term.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Ashish

Ashish Agarwal,
Infosys Technologies,