Re: [platform-swt-dev] MoveMemory Variant question...

Write a test case the shows the problem and enter a buzilla report.  Thanks.

avneesh saxena <avneeshs@xxxxxxxxx>

07/30/2004 12:07 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] MoveMemory Variant question...

I'm a little confused by Variant's use of MoveMemory. In the setData(pData)
method, the type of the variant is "moved" into a short. This should zero
out the memory in the variant(pData) corresponding to vt_type. However,
later in this method (if the type is not one of the standard ones), a
VariantChangeType is tried with the same pData which now has a zero for
vt_type!. Am I misunderstanding something or is this a bug.

Thanks,
--Avs