Re: [platform-swt-dev] Drag and Drop Questions

Veronika is our DND guru but she won't be back till second week of August
so I going to try to give you some answers.

1) Can a Shell be a DragSource?
I don't see way not, I just tried it on Windows and it worked fine.

2) Can the DragOver effect be customized?
What do you exactly need ? Change the cursor, change the widget selection,
draw something, etc ?
TreeDragUnderEffect and TableDragUnderEffect are examples of drag over
effect. Unfortunately they are internal and can't be accessed. Anyhow, you
can use dragEnter, dragLeave, dragOver, and drop events to implement your
own, in a way, that is what TreeDragUnderEffect and TableDragUnderEffect
do.

The swt newgroups is right place for user question, you can probably get
better answer there.
Thanks,
Felipe

"Brian Sam-Bodden" <bsbodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/26/2004 10:04 AM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] Drag and Drop Questions

I got a couple of questions for the DND gurus:
1) Can a Shell be a DragSource?
2) Can the DragOver effect be customized?

Thanks,
  Brian