[platform-swt-dev] Trouble instantiating ActiveX control under SWT

Hello,

I tried asking this question on the mailing list, but due to its complexity, I think this may be the best place to find an answer...

I have an open source Office OLE Document container ActiveX control I downloaded from Microsoft's website: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311765

I register the control with regsvr32 and it runs nicely under IE and VB. However, when I try to instantiate the control under SWT using its program ID, "DSOFramer.FramerControl", the constructor throws an exception: Failed to create Ole Client. result = -2147467262 (No Such Interface Supported). Stepping through the debugger, I see its the COM.OleCreate native call that is failing, returning this result.

As a side note, I have not built and installed the type library (tlb) for this control, as I do not have a Visual C++ install handy. The ocx is serving as its own type libarary, according to OleViewer.

I tried downloading the SWT source code to look through the native code, but I really am not a COM expert, and on top of that I am crippled without VC++ . Any ideas?

Devon

Back to the top