[platform-swt-dev] Compound Widget computeSize() question

Hi,
  I'm writing a compound widget (let's call it Widget1)
that uses a GridLayout internally. I'm in turn using
this widget in another compound widget (Widget2) that
needs to know the preferred size of Widget1 in its
computeSize method. The problem seems to be that
Widget1 does not return the right preferred size, so I
thought since it was using a GridLayout I would just
override the computeSize method and return the result
of calling computeSize on the GridLayout instance, of
course the method is protected so no luck there. Any
ideas?

My assumption was that a compound widget that uses a
layout simple passes the call to computeSize to its
parent associated Layout Manager using its LayoutData
as a param, correct?

Thanks,
  Brian

Back to the top