[platform-swt-dev] Interacting with Lotus Notes using the Notes OLE Interface

Hi,

I was just trying to integrate my Java application with my Notes Client
using the OLE interface. While I was able to do this with a VB script (to
test the OLE code) I'm getting the following error from SWT: (same is true
for "Notes.NotesUIWorkspace")

Unable to open type library for Notes.NotesSession

Admittedly I'm no expert on OLE, but I don't think I could have done
something completely wrong at this point. I use the following code (an
example from the eclipse homepage):

        try
        {
            site = new OleClientSite(frame, SWT.NONE,
"Notes.NotesSession");
            auto = new OleAutomation(site);
        }
        catch (SWTException ex)
        {
            System.out.println("Unable to open type library for " +
progID);

            return;
        }

In the debugger I see that the return code is 1001 and the result
-2147221164.

Is there any hope for me or is it simply impossible to do this? If it is
impossible, why? Is there any way to get this done? It would be wonderful
to have this capability....

Best regards,
Holger

Back to the top