[platform-swt-dev] Whether this feature is included in eclipse CVS.

Hi.Here is my problem situation
    Suppose 2 devlopers have taken latest file say Version1.1(checkout)from CVS.One of them made some changes and checked in(commits) resulting in file version 1.2.But the other guy is still using 1.1.Now this guy having older version1.1 wants to commit,he will get an error/conflict.Bcos there is a mismatch betwen file versions.
       Now wat i want is:
  A plugin that will tell/indicate me in advance (before commiting) that this file(version 1.1)is already commited,instead of later coming to know that a conflict has occured whenever he commits.
  The advantage of this solution is:
1.If i know in advance that file has already been commited by some other person ,then i         will take latest version from CVS.This will save considerable amount of time to resolve     the conflicts later.

2. Imagine iam on leave for 1 day.when i come the next day,by that time                                 many persons would have commited many modifications.Iam not aware of these             changes and straightway do my work with the old version which i had the day before         taking leave.If i have a plugin that will tell me,"The file u r using is already commited"     it will relieve me from all the conflicts resolving procedures.

                   Is there any feature like this in eclipse CVS.Say the file name can b marked in different color indicating that the current working file is already committed

Regards,
Steven Sequeira

Back to the top