Re: [platform-swt-dev] Please reopen bug #56448

> The key work here is "binary compatible".  I wish I could
> help you out but
> I can't.  The controls in org.eclipse.swt.custom are "custom
> for Eclipse"
> and always have been.  Sorry.

Thanks Steve.  This distinction has been clarified to me on the bug report.

The unfortunate reality is that this means that those of us who want to
maintain an Eclipse Classic look and feel in some custom application we have
created will have no choice but to fork at least ViewForm and CTabFolder.  I
just wish there was a way around that.

Thanks again, Steve.

Dave Orme

Back to the top