[platform-swt-dev] Integrating SWT with Native Apps

Not sure how to approach this one.  I'm trying to figure out if gui
elements built using SWT in a java class can be drawn onto native gui
elements from a C++ app.  I'm writing a plug-in for a 3rd party app that
provides space inside a window they draw to draw my gui (hope this makes
sense).  I'm thinking that I should somehow be able to do all my gui via
an SWT Composite Widget and use JNI to invoke my jar to call a method
that draws the Composite and other elements.  My thought is that SWT
uses native widgets, so I should be able to draw to another native gui
element.  Does anyone know if this can actually be done?  What would I
pass in as the Composite's parent Shell?

Thanks, I'm kind of new to SWT.
Michael

Back to the top