Re: [platform-swt-dev] How to Reuse JFace Dialog ?

Please ask this question on eclipse.platform.  This is the SWT developers list.  Thanks.

"Lim, Teck Hooi" <teckhooi.lim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/17/2004 08:59 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

"'platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] How to Reuse JFace Dialog ?

Hi,

I'm new to SWT and JFace but I did Swing programming before experimenting
with SWT / JFace. Obviously, my experiment with SWT / JFace is tainted by my
Swing knowledge in some way.

Long story short, my question is how do I reuse a JFace dialog box like I
reuse Swing's JDialog. In Swing, a simple input JDialog is set to hidden
when OK or Cancel is pressed.  When the user feels that he needs to input
more records he click the add button and the dialog reappears but those
labels, textfields and buttons created are not recreate again  . Then when
the user move on the next "section", say, I will invoke the dispose() method
to dispose the dialog along with the widgets it contains. My experience with
JFace Dialog is somewhat different, every time a dialog's open() is invoked
I had to recreate all the widgets. And when close() is invoked, the whole
dialog is disposed. Is there a way to reuse it like I do in Swing or is it a
totally different way to doing dialogs in SWT / JFace.

Thank you.

/lim/