[platform-swt-dev] Webstart process fails to terminate (Win32 SWT 3044)

I'm deploying a SWT application via webstart.  When the application exits,
the webstart process (javaw.exe) was failing to terminate, such that when I
deployed an updated version of the application and tried to launch it, it
couldn't unpack the DLL jarfile, because the old copy of the .dll's were
still in use.

I used Sleak to find resource disposal problems and found I wasn't disposing
my images, fonts, and colors, and now I think the problem has been
corrected.

I also dropped back to Sun JRE 1.4.2_04, whereas I had been testing on Sun
1.5.0.

When I run the application from the command line I don't have this problem,
the Java runtime exits normally.

So here's the question: is there a daemon thread or something that continues
running in SWT until I free up ALL of my resources?  Why would this
application exit when run standalone but not under Webstart?

Thanks,

- Jason

Back to the top