[platform-swt-dev] RE: native compilation with GCJ

> Has anybody given a go at native compilation already? If so,
> please, tell me if it's approachable again. By the way, am I
> still in good company, or has really *everybody* using GCJ
> now moved to java-gtk?

There was a post awhile back indicating someone had done it for 3.0M7.  I'm
searching the archives for it....

Ahhh, here:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-swt-dev/msg03408.html

At ASC, we also have a tool that we compile natively using GCJ as well.
It's really not an option for us to lose this capability.

Steve N: Having native compilation as an option presents Eclipse with a huge
opportunity.  To the extent that we can at least enable (if not support)
this option, I think that this would be a very wise thing to do...

The original person who built 3.0M7 did not post any build scripts, so I
could not duplicate his effort.  Eric, please keep us posted about any
progress you make here.

Regards,

Dave Orme

Back to the top