[platform-swt-dev] looking into SWT 3.0 M8 for native compilation with GCJ

I'm looking into SWT 3.0 M8 for compilation with GCJ.

At first glance, it apparently almost looks as it will be possible to build natively.
I remember recent 3.0 releases that really couldn't be approached -- at all -- with
GCJ. The 2.x versions were otherwise quite easy to compile natively ...

By the way, what's the fancy with spaces in directory names (Eclipse SWT, Eclipse SWT
PI, ...)? Bash can handle them, but only just.

Has anybody given a go at native compilation already? If so, please, tell me if it's
approachable again. By the way, am I still in good company, or has really *everybody*
using GCJ now moved to java-gtk?

Back to the top