Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT examples issues

Hi, Joseph.
Here's a link to your question in the SWT FAQ:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/faq.html#missingdll

In future, the correct place to ask this type of question is on the SWT newsgroup.
Here's the SWT "Getting Started" page, which describes all sorts of things you might want to know about, including how to get to the SWT newsgroup:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/SWT_Resources.html

Have fun with SWT and eclipse!
Carolyn

"Joseph Gagnon" <joseph.gagnon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

03/16/2004 08:21 PM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

<platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-swt-dev] SWT examples issues

I have just recently started using eclipse and just successfully (I think) downloaded examples (which for some reason were not included in the eclipse version I downloaded). I then attempted to follow the online help to unzip, install, compile and run a SWT example. I basically followed the instructions spelled out in the Platform Plug-in Developer Guide->SWT standalone examples setup. It appeared to work as described/expected, up and until I actually clicked Run. The error message I get is as follows:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-2135 in java.library.path
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:108)
      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:46)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.internal_new_GC(Display.java:1291)
      at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.init(Device.java:547)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.init(Display.java:1316)
      at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:96)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:291)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:287)
      at org.eclipse.swt.examples.addressbook.AddressBook.main(AddressBook.java:56)
Exception in thread "main"

I do not understand what the error is referring to, but after searching around in the directory structure, I do find the file swt-win32-2135.dll in the C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32_2.1.2\os\win32\x86 directory.

I’m pretty sure I followed the directions on the help page correctly. Can anyone shed some light on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Joe

Back to the top