Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xHEX)!

Yes.  Eclipse uses every feature ...

"Ivan Markov" <ivan.markov@xxxxxxxxx>

03/17/2004 09:34 AM

Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-swt-dev] Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xHEX)!

This kind of error is almost certainly caused by multiple threads in Xlib.  Graphics operation can happen from any thread.  It is only widget operations that need to execute in the UI thread.

Sorry. I've just realized the meaning of this. Are you saying, that in SWT it is OK to call org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC/Image/Font methods from any thread? Does Eclipse use this feature?

I've just checked - and there are no thread check calls in the methods of these classes. If so, I'll have to check if Fox allows this.

Regards,
Ivan

Back to the top