Re: [platform-swt-dev] How to hook the "Ctrl+Win" key

Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 10:38:08 AM, David Goodenough wrote:

> Actually under KDE on Linux (Debian for what it matters) I use the
> Win key to select KDE desktops.  X-Windows can qite easily recognise
> this key, and the other WIndows key and you can map it as you
> require.

> David

> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 14:49, Steve Northover wrote:
>> You will need to hack SWT to get this and/or write platform specific code.
>>  The "Win" key is obvioulsy Windows specific and is not modeled on the
>> other platforms.

To me, it wouldn't be contrary to SWT's goals to provide a key binding
for that key.  Listeners for that key would obviously not get it on
some platforms, but I don't see the harm in providing key codes for
the Win key, the Apple key, etc., for those apps that want to leverage
those keys.  For instance, an application might want to use the Win
key with a Windows keyboard and the Apple key on an Apple keyboard for
the same purpose.

Regards,
David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx