[platform-swt-dev] SWT examples issues

I have just recently started using eclipse and just successfully (I think) downloaded examples (which for some reason were not included in the eclipse version I downloaded). I then attempted to follow the online help to unzip, install, compile and run a SWT example. I basically followed the instructions spelled out in the Platform Plug-in Developer Guide->SWT standalone examples setup. It appeared to work as described/expected, up and until I actually clicked Run. The error message I get is as follows:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-win32-2135 in java.library.path

      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

      at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)

      at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)

      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:108)

      at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:46)

      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.internal_new_GC(Display.java:1291)

      at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.init(Device.java:547)

      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.init(Display.java:1316)

      at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:96)

      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:291)

      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:287)

      at org.eclipse.swt.examples.addressbook.AddressBook.main(AddressBook.java:56)

Exception in thread "main"

I do not understand what the error is referring to, but after searching around in the directory structure, I do find the file swt-win32-2135.dll in the C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32_2.1.2\os\win32\x86 directory.

I’m pretty sure I followed the directions on the help page correctly. Can anyone shed some light on what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Joe

Back to the top