[platform-swt-dev] ComboBoxCellEditor and DoubleClick conflict

I am using a CheckboxTableViewer with a ComboBoxCellEditor for one of the cells.  I also have added a double-click listener to the table viewer.  When the user double-clicks the row my program opens up a dialog allowing the user to edit the record.

The problem is that if the the user double-clicks a row while the drop-down window is active then both the double-click event and CellModifier modify events are fired (in that order).   (See http://www.oreillyauto.com/B2C/images/doubleclick.jpg).  While this may not be a problem for most applications, it is causing a class cast exception in mine because of the way my gui framework is set up.

I seems that the CellEditor modify should not be called if the double-click event is fired.

Thanks,

Robert Johnson
Oreilly Automotive, Inc.
Information Systems - Internet Team