Re: [platform-swt-dev] Suggest to add a new widget in SWT

Monday, February 23, 2004, 6:15:26 AM, Eric Miravete wrote:

> I work in IBM/Rational. My team makes plugins under Eclipse 3.0. We
> developped a new SWT widget named Scrollview. This widget provides a
> scrolling area with on-demand scroll bars to show large content in a view.
> This object provides protected method to dispatch paint, mouse and
> keyboard events directly in content coordinates. We suggest for the
> community to add this object in a future SWT's release. It is very useful
> to create new scrolling area and you can activate "overview" functionality
> to accelerate scrolling on a very large content.

> A tiny documentation and the source code is attached with this email.

> Eric.

Sounds something like java.awt.ScrollPane.  What services does it
provide over using a Composite widget with its built-in scrollbars?

If you have a widget or other code you would like to contribute, the
best thing would be to create a feature request in Bugzilla and attach
your code, docs, etc. to it.

David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.platform.swt