Re: [platform-swt-dev] Still can't build from CVS: missing file

sounds like a nice idea. How are you doing that ? Is there any documentation on that matter to get started ? thanks,

I don't know about any documentation for this area but I'm doing the following:

Setup:
- dowload a recent Eclipse version (e.g. M5 or I20031211)
- start with empty workspace
- open import wizard: File > Import... > External Plug-Ins and Fragments
- press two times "Next" then "Add All -->"
- check "Include fragments..."
- press "Finish"
-> your workspace is populated with all plugins in binary form but with source attached
   (for browsing and debugging, but not for editing)

Run Eclipse from within Eclipse:
- select any plugin
- from toolbar press on small down arrow to the right of "running man"
- select "Run As" > "Run-time workbench"
-> a new instance of Eclipse will launch

- from Window menu select "Show View" > "Other"
- open node CVS and select CVS Repositories, press "OK"
- via context menu create new Repository connection to "dev.eclipse.org"
- drill down via "HEAD" to any plugin that you want to edit
- from context menu select "Check Out" to replace a binary plugin in your workspace with
  the source version

Building SWT for Mac OS X:
- "Check out" org.eclipse.swt as source
- in Navigator (not Package Explorer) make a copy of ".classpath_carbon"
  and rename it to ".classpath" -> Eclipse will rebuild SWT for Carbon
- to compile C-natives:
  select Ant file org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT PI/carbon/library/make_carbon.xml
  from context menu "Run Ant..."
  -> this will build the dll and copy it to the org.eclipse.swt.carbon fragment

HTH,
--andre

Back to the top