Re: [platform-swt-dev] opengl example failed to start

This error usually occurs when an image file can not be found.

The images required for this example (two bitmaps and three jpegs) are
included in openexamples.jar.  Please extract them to your project before
running.

Xiong Huan-a16898 <huan.xiong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/02/2003 06:21 AM
Please respond to
platform-swt-dev

platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-swt-dev] opengl example failed to start

Hi,

I followed the guide on
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/opengl/opengl.html
to install swt opengl support. I am using eclipse 3.0 milestone 2 build.
When I tried to compile and run the example code, I got the following
error information:

---------------------------- error log
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument cannot be null
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2351)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2295)
 at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.ImageLoader.load(ImageLoader.java:122)
 at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.ImageData.<init>(ImageData.java:311)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLTab.loadTexture(OpenGLTab.java:167)
 at org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.TextureTab.init(TextureTab.java:101)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLTab.createTabFolderPage(OpenGLTab.java:84)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLExample.run(OpenGLExample.java:73)
 at
org.eclipse.swt.opengl.examples.OpenGLExample.main(OpenGLExample.java:114)
Exception in thread "main"

Does anybody know the reason? Thanks in advance

Back to the top