Re: [platform-swt-dev] Table.setLayout() - does it work?

oops. Didn't think about reading javadoc at the time =/. Sorry.
I would have thought that you could have layouts for columns. I brought this question cos I was looking for a way to prevent the total column widths to be smaller than the clientArea for a table (which i notice the getClientArea() method doesn't work on table) whilst still allowing the user to resize columns.

I guess it can still be done using resize listeners......

Rob Warner wrote:

From the JavaDoc:

Note that although this class is a subclass of |Composite|, it does not make sense to add |Control| children to it, or set a layout on it.

Minh Chiem wrote:

The table class inherits the setLayout() method from composite. Can you actually set layout managers on a table (not LayoutData) ?