Re: [platform-swt-dev] Trying to get sample SWT app working on Po cket PC 2002 with J9

Thursday, November 13, 2003, 4:54:58 PM, Christopher, Paul J wrote:

> This was the setup I was following.  I got it off the FAQ for SWT
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/fa
> q.html#pocketpcstart

> A: There is an experimental version of SWT for WinCE devices. If you feel
> like giving it a try, the following steps might help you getting started.
> Install a VM on your PocketPC.
> The port is tested using the J9 VM for ARM WinCE PocketPC.
> For information on how to get the J9 VM, see at the WebSphere Studio Device
> Developer website (which ships J9):
> Get the swt.jar and SWT dll for PocketPC. See Where is the SWT library for
> the PocketPC?
> Copy the swt.jar and SWT dll to your device.
> Copy your SWT app to your device.
> For example, compile the following class inside Eclipse and copy the
> resulting class file to your device.
> Run your SWT application.
> One way to start your application is to create a shortcut file.
> On your desktop, create a file 'HelloWorld.lnk'. Insert the following line.
> 68#\j9\bin\j9.exe -Djava.home=\j9 -cp:\java\swt.jar;\java HelloWorld
> This is assuming that you have installed the J9 VM in the folder \j9, and
> that you have copied the swt.jar and your application HelloWorld.class into
> the folder \java. It also assumes that the SWT dll was copied into the
> folder \j9\bin where it will be found by the VM.
> Save the shortcut file. Copy the file to your device.
> Using the file explorer on your device, click on the shortcut file.
> If everything is correctly setup, the SWT app should come up.

This doesn't say anything about setting up the "lib" directory, but
it's definitely required (I guess it's implied by "installed the J9 VM
in the folder \j9).  For more information on J9, I suggest you go to
the ibm.software.websphere.studio.device-developer newsgroup on
news.software.ibm.com.

This mailing list is specifically for the development of SWT, not for
the usage of it; the eclipse newsgroups are a better location for this
sort of discussion.

David
David
mailto:dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx