[platform-swt-dev] SWT no more OS handlers Exception - Windows XP

Hi,

In loading a large row set several times on to a TableViewer instance using setInput() method, I get a fatal error indicating no more OS handlers exist. The stack trace is:

Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
Reason:
No more handles
A fatal error happened while informing the user about a fatal error.
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
            at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2358)
            at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2262)

As a solution I tried calling dispose() method of each and every TableItem before calling the setInput() method with new input. But that makes the code extremely inefficient. I don’t know whether the setInput() method does the disposing of previous TableItems when it is provided with a new input.

I didn’t see any sample code where TableItem objects are disposed prior to the setInput() call. And google doesn’t say much about this Exception.

Any idea on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hasith

Hasith Yaggahavita