[platform-swt-dev] JNLP for SWT (was re: Can an SWT applet be created?)

Brad O'Hearne wrote:
I basically want to use SWT in place of Swing in an applet.  Can this be
done?  Or alternatively, is there a way to deliver an SWT control via the
browser?

That would require a means to plug-in SWT's native code into the browser. Obviously that would be quite browser+platform specific. Clearly a case where a pure Java implementation of SWT would be beneficial.

A more practical approach would be to create a JNLP (Java Web Start) application as that does support deploying native code and can usually be launched from a browser. It would be very helpful if the Eclipse/SWT site provided an example for this (if it does not already do so).

http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/

Jim
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Back to the top