[platform-swt-dev] (programmatically) resizing composite widget children

Howdy-

So I am writing a text editor using SWT and I want to implement a line count pane similar to that in the workbench java editor.  I figured I could use two StyledText objects, one for the line count and one for the text editing.  The problem is that I can’t get the line count StyledText widget to resize itself correctly when I add another digit to the line count (like going from 9 to 10 or 99 to 100).  I am using a FormLayout with a margineWidth of 2 pixels to space the line count from the editor (there are some other complicated FormAttachments but I don’t think they matter).  When I add another digit to the line count, I changed the width of the StyledText widget through the setBounds method.  This causes the line count StyledText pane to overlap the editor pane… :-(  What’s interesting is that when I resize (with the mouse) the shell that contains this composite widget it corrects the overlap and everything looks perfect.  I’ve tried a lot of monkey-ing around with various methods like redraw() and layout() but nothing has worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

While I am here I would also like to know how one can align text in a StyledText widget.  I would like to align my line count to the right but haven’t been able to find anything close…

Thanks,

-Donnie

Back to the top