From: platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Grant Gayed
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 1:24 PM
To: platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Spinner Widget?

Hi Brad,

The "Spinner for every platform" is emulated, so you don't need to build any natives in order to use it.

w.r.t. building the win32 native in Appendix C, I've verified that the build script does work here.  For it to work on your end you need to change the environment variables that are set in build.bat.  The one which may be unintuitive is IVE_HOME, which should point to an available jdk (the specified directory must contain an "include" subfolder, which will be missing if you have just a jre).

One other thing to note is that the java source for the win32 native Spinner (Appendix B) does not copy properly out of a web browser.  When pasted it will contain many mistakes which are contained in the markup but do not appear when viewed through a browser.  This will be fixed quite soon.

Grant

"Brad O'Hearne" <brado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

09/15/2003 09:40 AM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev