Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Event Processing

It sounds to me like you want to get away from events all together and use Display.syncExec() or Display.asyncExec() to communicate between threads.  Check www.eclipse.org/swt for snippets etc.

"W. Nathaniel Mills, III" <nat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

09/12/2003 02:15 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

        To:        platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT Event Processing

Thanks, almost there.  Is there any way to provide user defined event types (e.g., equivalent of WM_USER)...  I see several well defined event types defined in the documentation.  In my case, I want to report data gathered in a thread to the UI so I can graph it.  All typed listeners appear to deal with aspects of window control.  I was hoping to find SWT.UNTYPED or something I could use in the notifyListeners first parameter so I don't inadvertently cause other listeners for some arbitrary type I elect to use to try to interpret my event.

I'm sure I'm missing a basic concept...  TIA for your help.  Nat

Friday, September 12, 2003 11:56 AM