Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT on top of swing?

Now the big question: if it was fully working, would a lot of people be using it? I mean everyong is Windows or Linux mainly.
Anyway, I do that for fun so I don't care if I am the only one to use it :)
I've been praying for an awt/swing backend for swt for quite some time now. We are developing irate.sf.net and it's such a pain to explain to everybody & their dog how to make swt find the right .so files, why those are needed, etc. Also, aparently osx swt isn't all that polished either yet. So swing swt would be very nice to deploy on platforms where you don't want to worry about setting up/compiling native libraries.

So yes, you work is very appealing. I'll be trying it in a minute.

Taras

Back to the top