Re: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and GdkEvent

You need to have the swt-pi.jar as well as the swt.jar in the classpath.

See:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/faq.html#standalone

You will also want an event loop.  See:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-swt-home/snippits/snippet1.html

Timo -Blazko- Boewing <lists-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/05/2003 05:32 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

        To:     SWT-Devel <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] SWT and GdkEvent

Hello together,

I am just getting into SWT development but fail w/ simple "Hello World"
apps.
I am using Debian GNU/Linux w/ GNOME2. I have the right shared objects
in the current path as well as in the normal lib folders of my system.
The according jars are in the CLASSPATH (according to a simple query
against System.getProperty("java.class.path");). The problem is that
Java's URLClassLoader is throwing a NoClassDefFound exception; it cannot
find the GdkEvent class. The question is that I cannot find this class
myself within the jars (using up to date downloads).
I have tested it w/ debugger and the error is thrown on the very
beginning. Here my error msg:

org/eclipse/swt/internal/gtk/GdkEvent
                 at
net.neveprise.deskApps.TenFourtyFive.MainForm.main(MainForm.java:22)

This is the source not working:

/*
 * Created on Aug 27, 2003
 *
 * To change the template for this generated file go to
 * Window>Preferences>Java>Code Generation>Code and Comments
 */
package net.neveprise.deskApps.TenFourtyFive;

//import org.eclipse.jface.window.*;
//import org.eclipse.swt.*;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.*;

/**
 * @author blazko
 *
 * To change the template for this generated type comment go to
 * Window>Preferences>Java>Code Generation>Code and Comments
 */
public class MainForm {
                                 System.err.println("CLASSPATH: " +
System.getProperty("java.class.path"));
                                 MessageBox m = new MessageBox(new
Shell());
                                   m.setMessage("Hello, World");
                                   m.open();

                                 //ApplicationWindow mainWindow = new
ApplicationWindow(null);
                                 //mainWindow.setBlockOnOpen(true);
                                 //mainWindow.open();
                                 //Display.getCurrent().dispose();
                 }

}

<<<

I really cannot find even any relevant info when googling.
Thank you for any hints!

--
greetings,                   |  /"\
                             |  \ /  ASCII-Ribbon-Campaign
Timo                         |   X     Against HTML Mail