[platform-swt-dev] how does SWT test itself?

A group of WebSphere Studio folks is developing a test automation
framework and tools. Much of our work involves UI automation. I note

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/test_plan.html
> * Ensure all public and protected API is identical across platforms

>   - this is done by examining the public and protected classes,
>     methods and fields and comparing to the Windows API

>   - we have an automated tool to do this but we have not made it
>     publicly accessible yet

> * Ensure all public API is exercised through a JUnit test

>   - this only needs to be done once for all platforms

>   - we have an automated tool to do this but we have not made it
>     publicly accessible yet

>   - to ensure all cases are covered, we need to inspect the tests
>     manually for API changed in this release

> * Execute all JUnit tests and report errors and failures

and am wondering:

* What is your "automated tool"? Note that, at this point, I don't
  want access, but I would like to know what it is, in order to
  investigate its suitability for our tasks.

* Are your JUnit fixtures and suites publicly accessible?

TIA, Tom Roche, WebSphere Studio Model2 Tooling, abbotforswt admin

Back to the top