[platform-swt-dev] Drawing on Printer vs Display

Hi, I would like to know how important it is to properly create colors
and fonts
on the GC currently being drawn to.

As far as I can tell (I haven't looked in depth yet) when you call
setForeground
or setBackground on a GC it does not check to see if the Color belongs
to the
same device as the GC. I haven't checked this for Font yet.

I could test this to see wheter it works or not. But I'm interested in
knowing about
the design intent behind the functionality. As I said, I haven't checked
in depth but
in many places SWT itself appears not to care.

To summarize with an example, may I and more importantly SHOULD I use
Colors
created on a Display device in Printer.setForeground( .. )?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Seb

Back to the top