Re: [platform-swt-dev] Any reported problems with OSX SWT key captures?

(my apologies if this comes through twice. i sent it from the wrong email address, which wasn't subscribed)

Well i am actually working with the viPlugin for eclipse. The Author of it replied to me saying he had received multiple emails about this issue, but he doesn't own a mac, so he can't test/debug it. I looked in his code (which works in windows) and saw this:

public void verifyKey(VerifyEvent e) {
//System.out.println("VerifyEvent = " + (int)e.character + ", " + e.keyCode + ", " + e.stateMask);
if (mode == INSERTMODE && e.character == SWT.ESC) {
// close IME window for platform.
e.display.getActiveShell().setImeInputMode(SWT.NONE);
e.doit = false;
switchToCommandMode();
}

As you can gather it is checking to see if the mode is INSERTMODE and the key pressed is equivalent to SWT.ESC. Since this is working properly in windows (i haven't checked it in linux just yet), my first assumption is that the escape key isn't being captured correctly for the mac keyboard. If you have any suggestions of how to test this or have pointers for a better place/list to look, i would appreciate it.

This is in Eclipse 2.1.1 by the way.

Thanks,
Jason