[platform-swt-dev] Skipping layout for specific controls

Hi all,

I want to implement some kind of validation hint for the user by showing an image label right beside
the concerned control (analogous to the ErrorProvider in Windows-Forms). I want to use a Label because
I need to show tooltip text, too.

The problem is that I have to add a Label to an existing composite but want it to be ignored in the
layout mechanism, just be drawn at a specific x/y-Position (i. e. it shouldn't allocate a grid cell in a
GridLayout). Is this possible with SWT ?

Bye,

Michael

Back to the top