RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and Swing

Sorry, I was on vacation last week (yay!).  Please post a snippet or better yet, enter a buzilla report with the code and we'll look at it.  Thanks.

"Norton, Christopher" <Christopher.Norton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/01/2003 12:06 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

        To:        "'platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:        platform-swt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject:        RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWT and Swing

Steve,

Thanks for replying.  I'm new to SWT so I always get the terminology confused.  I have a Swing frame with Swing and SWT components in the frame.  I have an AWT Button,  Swing Button, and a SWT Button.  I can only get the Swing and AWT buttons to become visible in the frame after I have double clicked on the frame or minimized it and unminimized the frame.  I cannot get the SWT Buttons to display at all.  I am runing all of this on a Win2K using  jdk 1.4.x.

Effectively, when I thought I had managed to get AWT and SWT to play well with each other they were not.  Only the AWT and Swing components were visible.

I was trying to pinpoint the visibility problem by understanding what SWT does to make a widget visible.  When does it call the paint, repaint, validate, invalidate, show, etc. and what happens?

Thanks for any feedback and I hope this added clarity to the nature of my question.

Thanks again,

Chris