[platform-swt-dev] Table Off-End

I'd have to agree with Steve N. although Michael Scharf did a great job
of prototyping a solution. I did not know that a table widget issue was
out there so I'll watch and learn. Thanks for all the great input on
this issue. The current table widget will definately do until a fix is
in place as for most things, it is excellent.

I'd also agree that this (table off-end) would be something that could
wrapped in the IStructuredContentProvider somehow. Writing calls to the
ejb layer shouldn't be too hard from there.

On a general note I've got to say, when I show SWT to clients they don't
believe its Java. It's faster and better than Progress GUI as well.

Stuart Guthrie

Steve Northover wrote:

Guys, it's one thing to hack the snotout of Windows to work for one case
and quite another to work the problem all the way through on every
platform.  For example, what do you do about table items when in virtual
mode and the guy asks for them?  I imagine we'd poof up free items ...
or not.  What happens when he mixes virtual and non-virtual?  What
happens when he selects an item but this item doesn't yet exist.  What
does getSelection() return?  Please don't bother trying to answer these
questions here.

Michael Scharf

--
Stuart Guthrie <sfg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>