Re: [platform-swt-dev] building SWT on linuxPPC

Hallo Veronika,

* Veronika Irvine wrote:
>You should place the ppc compiled swt library in
>org.eclipse.swt.gtk_2.1.0/os/linux/ppc and start eclipse with "-arch ppc".

Yep. But this means I have to change the default values for the
eclipse binary launcher...

The other thing is, that I would need to change a lot of
skripts/files in debian/* to get the symlinks to the right place...
I will have a look for the next version of debian eclipse
packages...

I'm also not sure, what other VM is out there, which will run on
debian and can start eclipse (every such platform would need the
proper arch dir and files therein... Until now I work around this
by just saying, that everything should be in x86 dir...)

>Eclipse should have correctly picked up the architecture anyway.  Please
>enter a bug report against Platform Core about this.

I'm not sure about this. At least the build script will prevent
using 'linux-ppc' and so the eclipse binary launcher will give a
-arch x86 option to Main.java.

# eclipse &
# ps -aux |grep eclipse
/bin/java -Xmx256M -cp /usr/share/eclipse/startup.jar \
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -data \
/home/jan/workspace -addsite /home/jan/.eclipse/user.links

As I've not tested this on PPC, I can't really say, what
happens if I start eclipse with -arch ppc (with of course putting
the swt libs in the right place beforehand). I will enter
bugreports, when I've done this...

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@xxxxxxx