RE: [platform-swt-dev] Support for JSR-198 (was SWT port for Swing!)

Hey Jim,

     I'm with you about IFC.  I worked for Lighthouse for a while, and
we were using your constructor (we had added AWT support to it, since we
were bought by Sun).  It was a nice tool.  Very reminiscent of NeXT's
Interface Builder.  Especially the layout system.  A reasonable
springs-and-struts kind of layout that was quite intuitive.  Actually,
lighthouse had a nice lightweight pure-java component kit that was very
inspired by NeXTSTEP as well.

     It might be worth looking at some of these as a component strategy
we've been talking about on-top of the basic SWT widget set.  They're
well-honed component models, with decent MVC strategies.

Regards,
Christian.

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/ifc/home.html
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/ifc/constructor/index.html

My contribution to SWT/Eclipse was Motif and GTK+ ports for Mac OS X.
They garnered no interest (and deservedly so I suppose):

http://www.pagesmiths.com/eclipse/

Jim