Re: [platform-swt-dev] Support for JSR-198 (was SWT port for Swing!)

I really dislike the characterization of SWT as "not pure Java". The truth of the matter is that, SWT is closer to being written in pure Java than AWT is. At least in SWT, most of the interesting work is done above the level of the natives.

The real problem, which you see as "pure Java-ness", is just that the SWT libraries don't ship with the standard Java installs. It makes more sense to attempt to fix that problem than it does to code an SWT on top of AWT. Ugh.

McQ.

Jim White <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

25/05/03 02:21
Please respond to platform-swt-dev