Re: [platform-swt-dev] Support for JSR-198 (was SWT port for Swing!)

Hi again all!

I see that the war SWT vs Swing is starting again. I guess the purpose
of my port is to bring together those two communities...
I feel personaly that I am more a Swing user than SWT. The reason is SWT
is not portable. If I make it portable, then I would make more
applications using SWT. My feeling is also the feeling we find in
companies. In my department (in Nokia Networks), there is no way I could
suggest using SWT without a solution to make it portable for the few non
supported systems.

If this port exists, I am sure some people would try SWT (including my
bosses), which I think is a good reason for doing it...

Cheers,
-Christopher

Back to the top