Re: [platform-swt-dev] BIDI support in SWT

*Improved* support for right-to-left languages was deferred in 2.1 and is
on the current plan. Namely right orientation for bidi languages is
currently being worked on. The StyledText widget supports right-to-left
scripts for Arabic and Hebrew in Eclipse 2.1. We just released support for
right-to-left widget orientation (RtoL writing order, RIGHT_TO_LEFT
creation style).
If you experience problems with the current level of Arabic script support
in StyledText please enter bugs in bugzilla with detailed information on
how to reproduce the problem. There are a few known problems with the
current StyledText bidi support. You can find these if you query bugs in
Platform SWT that have styledtext in the summary. We are not aware of any
serious problems.
I don't know if there are concrete plans for supporting bidi scripts on
other platforms.

Knut

"Rodolfo M. Raya" <rodolfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/22/03 08:16 PM