RE: [platform-swt-dev] SWT port for Swing!

If someone was going to make a "portable back-end" for SWT, it might be
better to make a straight-up Java2D raw implementation of button and
widget back-ends, without all the pluggable GUI stuff, since it's a drag
on performance, and you're limiting it by using SWT anyway.

It's a cool idea, but you could actually make a high-performance
portable SWT backend in Java if you were willing to abandon the
(dubious) benefits of certain swing features.

Regards,
Christian.