[platform-swt-dev] Using Eclipse Views in stand-alone application

Hi friends,

this is my first post so I hope you don't be very severe with me.

Yesterday I was reading "Creating an Eclipse View" article by Dave
Springgay. Surely a good one. The reason I was reading that article
isn't to create my own view.

The true reason is that I'm interested on using widgets like Eclipse
Views in my own application, i.e. a widget with aparence of a shell
and with a toolbar in caption name. Maybe I'm in the wrong direction
and there is a easier way to construct that type of widget, but is it
possible to extend org.eclipse.ui.part.ViewPart to construct such a
widget for my stand-alone applications?

Excuse me if there is an easier way, I'm relatively newbie to
SWT/JFace. Also, excuse me if this question has been already posted
into this forum.

Regards,

Martín

Back to the top