Re: [platform-swt-dev] Win32: Convert HICON to SWT Image

Peschmä,

See Program.getImageData().  This is what Eclipse uses to show program icons in its Navigator.

Also, please ask any further swt usage questions in the newsgroup.  Thanks!

Grant

hi,

I need to get a file's Icon on win32. I think I could use some api function
for this, but
it returns a HICON - Handle of the icon.

Now how can I convert this handle to a SWT image? As I'm not very
experienced in JNI and I think most of SWT users aren't either, I am posting this here,
as there should be some JNI and Win32API experienced people round here...

Or could you even add such a function (p.e. Image getFileIcon(File f)) to
all swt implementations (it could return a generic file/dir-icon on platforms
with no file-icons (such as motif) and the according icon on win32 and gnome

Peschmä

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more  http://www.gmx.net +++