[platform-swt-dev] Current status on the MacOsX port

Hey there,

the SWT port status page says that Eclipse 2.1 for MacOsX includes the M1 version for stability reason. Anyone out there could give me a more detailed update on the current code status of SWT on MacOsX ? I'm asking because as a switcher from Win2K pro to MacOsX I've been a little disappointed by the overall slow performance of Eclipse and was wondering if this has to do with using the Carbon API instead of Cacao. I have to admit that my knowledge on those technologies is near zero, so I apologize if it doesn't make any sense. Moreover if there is some active development on the SWT port for MacOsX, I'm willing to give a hand on testing, would that be feasible ?

Thanks for any info you could provide, would be much appreciate,

Sebastien

Back to the top