Re: [platform-swt-dev] How to Convert Swing Tree Structure to SWT Tree Structure

Please see the article "How to use the JFace TreeViewer":
http://eclipse.org/articles/treeviewer-cg/TreeViewerArticle.htm

Nick

"Eclipsenewbie" <imdad_md@xxxxxxxxxxx>
04/28/2003 12:49 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev

        To:     <platform-swt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-swt-dev] How to Convert Swing Tree Structure to SWT Tree
Structure

Hi all,

I have to convert a Tree structure written for a swing application to SWT
based one. From the docs i could understand that i can have the SWT look &
feel and can absorb the swing components, which unfortunately doesnt seem
to be a cake walk.

The problem is that I havent written a Tree structure in Swing to
understand quite well where to plug into from the setInput method of the
Treeviewer and havent been able to find any documentation or example that
could help me shift my tree structure from swing to SWT.

Is is possible at all to adapt the tree structure defined in Swing into
SWT, if so would be delighted to have some insight and tips to start with.

If not i would have to completely rewrite the tree structure in SWT which
doesnt seem  to be a fair choice with such a complex swing application at
hand.

thanx in advance!

Back to the top