Re: [platform-swt-dev] UTF-8 support and compliant components

On your suggestion I tried that passing the following parameters:

   -vmargs -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

based on the docs at:

  http://dev.eclipse.org/help21/index.jsp?topic=
    /org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm

but that does not work either. I see that the file encoding is
is set to UTF-8 in the 'About Eclipse' window, but this doesn't
seem to be affecting the output.

Andre

Knut Radloff wrote:
The console is using the StyledText widget, I verified that StyledText displays the characters correctly when using the same font set in the Console. This doesn't appear to be font related anyway. When I run the same println outside Eclipse, on the command line it also does not print correctly. It looks like something gets messed up on the way through System.out.println. What is the file.encoding VM/system property set to? This is displayed as the default text file encoding on the Workbench/Editors preference page.
You could try running Eclipse with the vm argument -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Knut

Andre John Mas <ajmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/24/2003 04:08 PM
Please respond to platform-swt-dev