Re: [platform-swt-dev] MacOS/X Loader...

"Andre Weinand" <weinand@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I wrote a little loader for MacOS/X to have Eclipse self-contained in a
>> bundle, and to allow per-user workspaces. Is this the right list to post to
>> for those kind of contributions?
>>
>>     Pier
>
> Since I don't know of any better place, please go ahead and post your
> contribution.
> I'll look into it...

It's so stupid that I'm almost ashamed by it, but anyway, here it goes:

See the attached Info.plist and OSXBoot.java:
- Info.plist has been modified to specify a property available through MRJ:
    The "bundle" system property will contain the directory where the bundle
    is stored on  disk, and therefore from there we can simply figure out
    where eclipse itself is installed (inside the Contents/Resource/Eclipse
    sub directory).

- OSXBoot.java simply invokes the "main" method of
  "org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main with some extra parameters:

    -install file://$BUNDLE/Contents/Resources/Eclipse/
  and
    -data $HOME/Library/Eclipse

So, you can have eclipse shipping self contained in its own little bundle
(and not care much where it gets copied), and each user has his own
environment, projects, settings and so on...

    Pier