Re: [platform-swt-dev] Eclipse 2.1 startup on OS X - thanks!

andre said:
Yes, please check the contents of the .log file.
<snip>
- do you have a xerces.jar installed in some of the standard Java directories?

thanks, that was it. i had xercesImpl.jar in my java directories and it screwed things up (i guess it's a newer version or something). the .log file was pretty specific, too (initialization error having to do with xerces).

	nik

ps: to me, this sequence of events proves that apple really must allow developers to ship their own JVM (like win). if app 1 installs/expects xerces 1.x and app 2 expects/installs xerces, we get a problem. one that end users won't be able to solve and a support nightmare.

Back to the top